Generative AI (Beta)¶
You are subject to the terms of the Generative AI model providers to which you are connecting. Cognigy cannot take responsibility for your use of third-party services, systems, or materials.
Generative AI refers to a type of artificial intelligence that creates new, original content using machine learning algorithms. It works by learning from existing data and producing new content based on that learning.
Cognigy.AI integrates with the Generative AI providers that allow the generation of text content based on user input. That involves using machine learning algorithms to analyze large amounts of data and generate contextually relevant and meaningful content.
In the Cognigy.AI interface, Generative AI generates human-like and personalized content for a bot. It can be used for the following purposes:
- Generating Lexicons
- Creating new Flows with pre-configured Nodes
- Generating new Intent sentences
- Rephrasing bot outputs
- Completing texts
To know more about the benefits of integrating Conversational AI with Generative AI platforms, watch this webinar:
Before using this feature, you need to create an account in one of the Generative AI Providers:
- OpenAI. You need to have a paid account or be a member of an organization that provides you access. Open your OpenAI user profile, copy the existing API Key, or create a new one and copy it.
- Azure OpenAI. You need to have a paid account or be a member of an organization that provides you access. Ask your Azure Administrator to provide API Key, resource name, and deployment model name. Cognigy.AI only supports the
text-davinci-003model for Azure OpenAI. Ensure that the resource you connect is associated with this model.
Set up Generative AI¶
To set up the connection between Cognigy.AI and the Generative AI Provider, do the following:
- Open the Cognigy.AI interface.
- In the left-side menu, click Manage > Settings.
- In the Generative AI Settings section, select a provider:
- OpenAI. Specify the connection name and API Key you previously copied from the OpenAI user account.
- Azure OpenAI. Specify the connection name, API Key, resourceName, and deploymentName, which your Azure Administrator provided.
- Save changes.
You can check if the connection works by creating a new generative AI Flow.
Note that the generation of Lexicons for primary NLU languages besides German and English is not fully supported.
To use Generative AI technology for creating a new Lexicon, do the following:
- In the left-side menu of the Cognigy.AI interface, click Build > Lexicons.
- Click + New Lexicon.
- On the New Lexicon window, specify the name covering the Lexicon's general main topic and add a relevant description. It helps generate a more accurate result.
- Go to the Lexicon Entry Generation setting, and activate Generate Lexicon Entries.
- Select Lexicon language from the list.
- Set the number of entries (lexicon units).
- (Optional) Add the default Slot.
- Click Create.
When Lexicon Editor with new keyphrases is opened, you can edit, delete, or add new ones manually.
Note that the generation of Flows for primary NLU languages besides German and English is not fully supported.
To use Generative AI technology for creating a new Flow with pre-configured Nodes based on your scenario, do the following:
- In the left-side menu of the Cognigy.AI interface, click Build > Flows.
- Click + New Flow.
- On the New Flow window, go to the Flow Generation section and select one of the options:
- None - the Generative AI will not be applied to this Flow. This setting is activated by default.
- Name and Description - the Generative AI will use the Name and Description fields for generating Flow.
- Name and Transcript - the Generative AI will use the Name and Transcript fields for generating Flow. For this setting, you need to create a scenario and put it in the Transcript field. Use the Transcript field template as an example for your scenario.
- Generate the Flow by clicking Create.
In the existing Flow, you can edit Nodes created based on your scenario. Generate new Intent sentences or responses for a chatbot.
Generate Intent sentences¶
Note that the generation of Intent sentences for primary NLU languages besides German and English is not fully supported.
To use Generative AI technology for creating Intent example sentences, do the following:
- Open the existing Flow.
- In the upper-right corner of the Flow Editor page, select NLU.
- On the Intent tab, click Create Intent.
- Specify a unique name for the Intent and add a relevant description. It helps generate proper sentences.
- Activate the Generate Example Sentences setting.
- Set the number of generative sentences.
- Generate new sentences by clicking Create.
- Click Build Model, to learn the existing sentence.
If you want to add more examples automatically, use the Generate Sentences button. New sentences will be marked in light blue. The system generates specific numbers of sentences. Save changes and build your model again.
You can also use Generative AI in the Node configuration.
Rephrase bot outputs¶
Generative AI is supported by the Say, Question, and Optional Question Nodes.
To use AI-enhanced bot output rephrasing, do the following:
- Open the existing Flow.
- Add one of the Nodes: Say, Question, or Optional Question.
- Go to the AI-enhanced output section.
- In the Rephrase Output setting, select one of the options:
- None - the Generative AI will not be applied to this Node. This setting is activated by default.
- Based on Custom Input - specify custom values for the Input. Use the Custom Inputs field that allows the bot developer to input information for contextualizing and rephrasing the output.
- Based on previous user inputs - set the last
xuser Inputs considered.
- Set the score in the Temperature setting. The temperature range determines the extent of variation in Generative AI's response.
- Click Save Node.
Check in the interactive panel if your Flow works as expected.
The GPT Prompt Node feature enables the creation of relevant content using Generative AI. To use this feature, simply provide a text prompt that guides the AI in continuing the generated text.
Q: Can I use my OpenAI free account for the Generative AI feature in Cognigy.AI?
A: A paid account is required to get an API Key, which is necessary for using Generative AI. A free account does not provide this key.