Each user in Live Agent has a profile. In the profile, you can edit your avatar and name, which are seen by other Live Agent users, as well as customize certain system settings for yourself, such as receiving notifications or managing hotkeys.
To access your profile, in the bottom left corner of the Live Agent interface, click on the profile thumbnail, then select Profile Settings.
User Profile data¶
In this section, the user profile data can be changed. Currently, users can customize the profile image and the display name.
|Profile image||It is displayed in the agent conversation, agent lists and profile menu|
|Display name||Currently, it is used for the conversation transcript that the agent can send by email. Transcript messages sent by the agent will use the display name as the sender name|
The rest of the user data, such as email, full name and password, need to be updated in the Cognigy.AI account. The change will automatically apply to Live Agent.
- Push notifications must be enabled in Live Agent and in your browser. Otherwise, they are not available.
- Push notifications are not supported by the Microsoft Edge browser.
You can customize the behavior of notifications.
Starting from Cognigy 4.45, you can configure only Audio Notifications. Push and email notifications are moved to Account settings and can only be controlled by administrators. If the administrator has not yet changed the push and email notification settings, a human agent still has the opportunity to change them in the Profile Settings.
Hotkey to send messages¶
To send messages in the conversation chat, you can select one of the following hotkey options:
- None — send messages by clicking the Send button. The Enter key will be used for line breaks.
- Enter (↵) — send messages by pressing the Enter key instead of clicking the Send button. The Shift+Enter key combination will be used for line breaks.
- Cmd/Ctrl + Enter (⌘ + ↵) — send messages by pressing Cmd+Enter or Ctrl+Enter instead of clicking the Send button. This option is selected by default. The Enter key will be used for line breaks.
API Access Token¶
Here you can also find the user access token. This is used for the Live Agent API, and its actions are limited by the user role.