Automation can replace and automate existing processes that require manual effort. You can do many things with automation, including adding labels and assigning conversations to the best agent. So the team focuses on what they do best and spends less time on manual tasks.
Click on the Automation inside the setting section.
Automation Events are triggers on when you want your automation executed. Live agent currently supports three kinds of events.
- Conversation created - this will trigger when a new conversation is created in your system. This will include conversations created by all channels.
- Conversation updated - this will trigger when a conversation is updated.
- Message created - this will be triggered when any new message inside a conversation is created.
Conditions are criteria that will be checked before the action is executed. The conditions are evaluated in the order they are defined.
|Conversation Created||Conversation Updated||Message Updated|
|Conversation Status||Conversation Status||Message Type|
Actions are tasks/processes that are executed whenever respective conditions are met.
Live agent currently supports the following actions:
- Assign a Conversation to a team.
- Assign a label to a conversation.
- Send an email to a team.
Click on the + Add Automation Rule button to open the Automation creation modal.
- Give your automation a name.
- Add a description (optional).
- Select an event.
- Add conditions.
- Add actions.
- You can chain multiple conditions with the AND or OR operator, like in the example below.
Example - Assigning a conversation to a team when the agent assist is active, and Status is Open when a new conversation is created.
- Add a name and a description
- Select event as Conversation Created
- Add two conditions and join them with the AND operator, Condition 1 - Conversation Status as Open and Condition 2 - Inbox as Agent Assist bot-default from the dropdown.
- Add an action - Assign a team and select the team sales from the dropdown. (A team needs to be created before)
To edit an Automation, click on the Edit icon from the Automations list you want to edit.
To make a copy of existing automation, click on the clone icon from the Automation list you want to copy. This will create a replica of the automation with the same conditions and actions.
To delete an automation, click on the delete button from the list. Note that this is permanent and cannot be undone.