Speech Services allow adding multiple Speech Vendors to the Voice Gateway.
To create a speech service, in the left-side menu, select Applications, then click Add speech service or +. Select available speech providers from the list. Get credentials from your provider and add them to the speech service provider settings.
You can create more than one speech service using speech vendors form the list
If you need to create multiple speech services from the same vendor, use the Lable field to create a unique speech service.
After creating a speech service, you can edit or delete it.
Users with an Account scope can only edit speech services they have created, as well as speech services created by other users with the same scope. They can still use and view speech services shared by Service providers or Admins.
Add a Custom Speech Vendor¶
To add a custom speech vendor, follow these steps:
- Open The Cognigy Voice Gateway Self-Service Portal.
- In the left-side menu, select Speech.
- On the Speech services page, click Add speech service.
- On the Add a speech service page, select Custom from the Vendor list.
- In the Name field, specify a unique name for your provider. You need to reuse this name in the Node configuration.
- From the Account list, select a specific account or leave the All accounts value if you want that custom speech provider will be available for all available accounts.
- In the Label field, create a label only if you need to create multiple speech services from the same vendor. Then, use the label in your application to specify which service to use.
- Activate the Use for text-to-speech setting to use this provider as a TTS vendor. Enter the TTS HTTP URL that you get from your TTS vendor.
- Activate the Use for speech-to-text setting to use this provider as an STT vendor. Enter the STT websocket URL that you get from your TTS vendor.
- In the Authentication Token field, enter the key that you get from your TTS or STT vendor to set up a connection.
- Click Save.
To start using your speech provider, you need to specify the provider name in the Custom parameter of the relevant Nodes, such as Set Session Config, Say, Question or Optional Question, or Session Speech Parameters Config.